Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cute Pink Bikes and Gorgeous Flowers

'For homework please do pages 21-35' I say as looks of complete horror and disgust appear on my Middle school girls class. "Happy April Fools!" I smile as they all kill themselves laughing. They were the only fools I got today but it was a good one!

It's officially April and again not to brag to all those still under snow, spring flowers are here and they are amazing! Here are a few:




On the weekend I met up with my amazing Korean/foreigner group 'Project Warm Hands' to go for a bike ride and make pottery. It was fantastic we borrowed free pink Mary Poppins bikes from one of the subway stations here and biked out to this cute Traditional Culture Village. The on-site Artist makes pottery, silk dyed fabrics and gives lessons on doing proper tea ceremonies. As mentioned we did pottery and I made a really funky plate/bowl.
After our ceramics lesson we biked by a bunch of Korean farmers fields on our way back into the city. Once back in the city we went to the "Sangmu Flower Festival" . As we approached the "Festival" I was again reminded 'expect the unexpected'. I was thinking that the festival was going to be a bunch of cherry blossoms and Magnolia trees.....nope! It was an entire convention centre filled with every type of plant/flower you could imagine. I'll I kept thinking was 'my mother would be in heaven!' Outside the flower arrangements looked like the Macey's Day parade. A bonus was that they had an Ecuadorian band playing great music. My camera battery died so I don't have to many pics though :( .

That's my update from the weekend, hope everyone is well.

Check ya later alligators!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Spring springing is a great rejuvenator! Are you feeling the affects of springtime in your step??

Mount Mudang Defeated!

Mount Mudang Defeated!