Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring has Sprung (sorry to all those under 50cm of fresh snow)

Yo Yo,

It's Sunday night and another weekend has come to end. I am so amazed how time seems to be excelerated here in South Korea. The weeks fly by and if you blink you'll miss the weekend!
On Saturday I went for a run/hike near my apartment. It was a gorgeous day with lots of sun and no clouds. I'm so lucky to live near a part of the city that has many smaller mountains and tones of hiking/walking trails. As I was running I stopped to take some pictures of the view and looked up at a tree branch to see my first bud of the season. I couldn't help but smile and think of how beautiful it will be once all the trees are in bloom . So of course I took some pics! :) :) :)

Also this weekend I went to a Kendo Martial Art exhibition. 'What's that?' you might ask. Well, its what they do in the Last Samurai and officially : Kendo (剣道, kendō?), or "way of the sword", is the Japanese martial art of fencing. Kendo developed from traditional techniques of Japanese swordsmanship known as kenjutsu. It was wild and semi scary! We watched the kendo Students and Masters as they practiced and then saw a few actual fights. We then got to borrow our own bamboo swords and give it a go. It was pretty tough and a good work out if you really got into it. At the end we got to hit our instructor (no worries he was fully armored) over the head! It was a great experience to watch and try although I think it's a bit to aggressive for me :)
Today I went to a soccer game at the World Cup Stadium right beside my apt. The teams that were playing were from the Pro Korean League (I'm not sure what to compare that to though, my American friends said it might be a bit like the American Soccer League). It was a good game not super thrilling but nonetheless a soccer game on a Sunday afternoon is never a bad thing in my books.

I hope that all of you who are buried under 50cm of new snow are surviving. I can't believe that I'm missing this snow! Last year I had a snowboarding pass and we didn't get any real snow until the end of January and it was gone by mid-March.

Thinking of you guys lots and sending big hugs and kisses!!
P.S. For some reason the spacing on my blog never goes the way I put it, so please excuse the random space and non-space.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Angie, those painting are awesome!

The view from/of the trail near your place is freaking grand! Imagine when the foliage will be green and even more puuuurty?! It'll make you run FASTEST!

Mount Mudang Defeated!

Mount Mudang Defeated!