Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Mom and I rock the Olympics :) :) :)

Way, way back when Vancouver one the bid for the 2010 Games the thought of achieving a life long goal was brought to the surface. I've always wanted to attend an Olympic games, at one point I wanted to be an athlete in the Games but as time goes on I know now I was meant to be a part of it....as well I knew then that my Mom would absolutely love to go to the Games. So, after 3-4 years of planning, wondering, having phone interviews, wondering whether I sill even wanted to go, then getting the opportunity to go here I am. Not only am I here my mom is here as well!!!

My Mom is volunteering at the Athlete's village doing different jobs at the entrances where the athletes and dignataries come in. I'm working as part of the anti-doping team and it's been going well.

My Mom went to the opening ceremonies and loved every minute of it! I got to go the rehearsal which was also amazing! We've been down to 'Concord Place' where they have all the different provinces pvaillions set up. The other night we headed to BC Place for the Award ceremonies where we saw Bilodeau get his gold medals.

We went to a woman's hockey game together at UBC and also up to Whistler to watch a day of biathlon.

It was such a wonderful experience and I'm so happy I got to be apart of it with my Mom :) :) :)

No comments:

Mount Mudang Defeated!

Mount Mudang Defeated!