Sunday, August 17, 2008

Morave Beach Gathering...so great!

Hello, Hello, Hello,

What's shaking everyone??? I swore I would write this as soon as I got home last last weekend but I didn't. I wish I was better at blogging...but it's just one of those things!

I went to this great Beach Gathering last weekend on a beach close to where the oil spill was in December. It was really nice to go back to the area and see lots of life back in the place!!

This gathering was pretty amazing. It was a really good mix of fun Koreans and Foreigners . This made for great conversation and really good partying!!! Friday was a bit rough as we got stuck in traffic from Seoul to the beach (They don't have many national holidays in Korea so when they do they all hit the pavement!). We were on the bus for over 6 hours only to arrive to this 'secluded beach' to find that the beach was actually full of Korean families! Yup, we were sandwiched between a Noraebang tent (karaoke) and a bunch of families. My friend Sarah and I started to set up our tent only to be informed that we were about 4 feet away from the DJ booth area! We had a good laugh opened a bottle a wine and went ahead with it anyways as the flat available terrain was scarce! In the end our location was perfect because we always had front row view of everything that was going on :)

Saturday was a full day o'fun. The organizers were fantastic and planned all these super interesting and artsy workshops. I got a dread put in my hair by the cutest little Korean Rambo, my eyes read by a Tibetan eye reader (which was scarily dead on), my foot Henna tattooed (no, Mom it's not permanent ;) ), learned how to play the didgeridoo (which I'm in love with and want one, but it's super hard to learn the main technique- circular breathing), and the last thing I did was one of the weirdest things I've ever done with a group of strangers. It's called Tibetan Pulsing Yoga. Everyone was super psyched to do some yoga, you know maybe a few Sun Salutations, some triangle poses the ususal..NOPE! Tibetan pulsing yoga is a meditative combination of sexual energy with the pulse beat hearts creating the gentle power to dissolve blockages in the bio-electrical flow which runs through our nervous systems. Basically you lay down head to toe with people and have to raise your hips up and down.....it was pretty interesting and slightly uncomfortable..in saying that I think with a group of people you know and trust it would be a great exercise!

Saturday night was full of good stuff as well. We barbecued, checked out lots of cute hermit crabs, danced and sang. Plus I got to spin fire :) !!! Their were lots of fire spinners doing some really cool stuff along with a few staff twirlers.

One of the funny moments came when this guy walks out holding a sign that says 'OPEN BAR'! I was like 'NO WAY!!!' But, then I continued reading to find that it meant 'the bar is open'. Nonetheless my friends and I found the bar along with the tequila shots! It's been since my going away party in Ottawa that I had tequila...and it still proves to be the devil!

It was one of the nights where you just talked and danced together with everyone. I made tonnes of new friends and as the sun came up (some unmentionables went skinny dipping) and we helped clean up the garbage. As the bongos played I crawled into my little tent and driffted off into dreamland!

On the way home we ended up hitching a ride to the bus station with a super nice retired Navy sergeant. It was great I got to ride in the back of the truck! I felt like I was home :)

Well it's official, I'm into my last 3 months here in Korea! Wild eh! My last day will be around November 25th! I'm in the midst of figuring out what in the world I'm going to do next. I'm coming home for a month and then I have a few options- I can come back to Korea and teach for a few more months and then go traveling (I"m thinking India or South East Asia) and then come home for good in the summer, go home and get a job, go home and go back to school...sigh...I feel like I keep coming full circle with the question 'What do you want to be when you grow up?'. Am I grown up? hahah I guess that depends on who you ask!!! Sooo, I have lots to think about and will keep you all posted on my decisions :)

I'm sending lots and lots and lots of love from the hot and sunny world of South Korea! MUAH

No comments:

Mount Mudang Defeated!

Mount Mudang Defeated!