Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hey Everybody,

What's shaking peops? How's everyone doing? I feel like I haven't heard from a lot of you in awhile so don't forget to send me messages :) otherwise when I get back on Canadian soil they'll be some bum whipping!!

On a wild note the first of June was my 6 MONTHS ANNIVERSARY!!!! Yup, six months team, as I give myself a big pat on the back! I've said this before but I have to say it again- TIME IS FLYING!

I had a great time last weekend. On Friday night a group of my friends and I headed to our now favourite Gwangju Bar, The Guitar Bar. This bar is fantastic! I've talked about it before but just as a re-cap the bar has a band made up of 4 guys who play many of Korea's favourite songs. The best part about the band (in my opinion) is that one of the guys (who I have a mad crush on) sings and speaks a bit of English. Check out the pic! Also, the atmosphere in the bar is great and all the people there are always having a good time.

Saturday a group of us headed up camping to Mudungsan mountain. It was perfect as it only takes 30 minutes on a city bus to get there. We found this amazing little clearing in the woods and managed to set up our tents just as the night set in. Not to far away from our tents was this amazing stream running down the side of the mountain. A few of my guy friends set up a fire pit pretty much in the boulders of the stream. So as we watched the fire we could hear the gushing sounds of the stream. It was a great night filled with lots of stargazing and good times :) The frog picture was taken with a flash at about 12 at night. Isn't he cute! The other picture with all the bottles is our fridge in the rocks.

In other news I've officially booked my plane ticket for Japan. I've been deciding on my vacation for about 4 months! I really wanted to go meet Meaghan and Jay in India but it just isn't going to work out. So as a consolation prize I'm going to Japan (I know not toooo shabby of a consolation prize). My friend Jenny from England and I are going to go together. We found this festival called Fuji Rocks. It looks amazing! So were going to try and get there for at least one night. Michael Franti and Spearhead are playing!

Alrighty friends this week is a short week! WOOHOOO! I have Friday off so I'm heading to the beach!!! Going to go camping for a couple days on the west coast of Korea.

Hope that you are all having a wonderful day. Miss you all so very much! My good friend Mark just put it to me in a really good way 'you have less days ahead than behind you'.

2 comments:

Ethan and Maria said...

Nice picture of your "boyfriend" Ang! I llike your blog it's got alot of personality!
I feel sorry for those slackers who are going to get their bums-whooped!

Unknown said...

hey angie this is nick from bigum-do. I saw you at mud festival too, you know "that guy". Anyways i typed in "hiking mudungsan" in google and the first link was your blog, and I noticed that the girl in the pictures was you. Looks like you've continued to have fun this summer. My email address is Nakersesl@gmail.com drop me a line sometime if your coming this way. I will be hiking mudung mountain soon too so maybe I'll get ahold of you first. Peace out, and enjoy Chuseok.

Mount Mudang Defeated!

Mount Mudang Defeated!